Voodoo2 Windows 2000 Drivers - Version Beta 1.00.00
Download Updated: February 25, 2000
Page Updated: February 25, 2000
What's new in Version Beta 1.00.00
- THESE ARE BETA DRIVERS AND UNSUPPORTED BY 3DFX
- Windows 2000
- PC with an Intel(r) or AMD(r) based processor
- One free PCI slot
- 16MB of RAM or more suggested
Download and Installation Instructions
NOTE : Windows 2000 does not support the passthrough feature of the Voodoo2. Therefore SLI will not run. The card must be installed in the same way as you would install a secondary 2d/3d board in a multi-monitor setup.
** DO NOT ATTEMPT INSTALL THE CARD AS A MULTIMEDIA DEVICE. **
- Run the self-extracting executable.
- Power off the system and insert the Voodoo2 card in a free PCI slot.
- Power on the system.
- Windows will report that it has detected new hardware.
- The 'Found New Hardware Wizard' should now appear.
- Click the Next Button.
- Choose the second option to display the list of known drivers.
- On the next page select 'Display adapters' as the type of hardware that you wish to install.
- Click 'Have Disk' and enter the location where the driver files were extracted to in Step1.
- When asked to choose a device select '3dfx Voodoo2'.
- Windows will bring up a number of Dialog Boxes which will ask you to confirm that you want to install the driver. Answer yes to all of these.
- Windows will now copy the drivers.
- Bring up Display Properties->Settings and enable the Voodoo2 as part
of your desktop.